CHema Skandal! was born in Mexico City, He has a B.F.A. in Visual Communications Illustration Emphasis. He lives and works in Chicago, IL
Faculty of Arts and Design University of México U.N.A.M. 2006
Picnic Magazine 2006 - 2007 Graphic Design team. Designed magazine articles and produced advertising for a variety of clients including Art Galleries and Museums. Designed book jackets, covers, brochures, catalogues and postcard invitations.
Warp Design Bureau 2008 Graphic Design team. Graphic Design and production, including printed and digital advertising. Panic digital magazine contributor - Design and illustration. Illustration development for different clients including: Nike, Ambiguous clothing company, Group Editorial Expansión & Fashion Week México.
Freelance 2008 - 2011 Graphic Design and Illustration development for a wide variety of clients.
Teaching Artist 2011 - 2013 - CARES: Community Arts Resources to Engage Students program from the National Museum of Mexican Art in Chicago Public Schools
Art production 2006 - 2015 Painting and printing trough different traditional methods including: acrylic / tempera / oil on different mediums, serigraph, linocut, etching, woodblock, lithography, etc.
- CONACULTA Illustration Catalogue - México 2004
- Concorso D'llustrazione - Venice, Italy 2005
- Quorum Illustration prize - Silver medal - México 2006
- Comic contest winner - Gold medal - México 2006
- CONACULTA Poster design prize - Silver medal - México 2007 - Featured as one of the 20 most prominent mexican Illustrators - Reforma newspaper - México 2008
- Ambiguous Clothing exclusive artist 2009 - Chilango magazine column Illustrator - México 2009 - 2010
- Artist Residency - Toulouse, France 2011
- Pecados y Milagros record Grammy winner (features a painting) 2011
- Chosen to participate in the RedBull Canvas Cooler project and voted winner by the public 2013